Civic United Front
The Civic United Front (CUF; Kiswahili: Chama Cha Wananchi) is a liberal party in Tanzania. Although nationally based, most of the CUFs support comes from the Zanzibar islands of Unguja and Pemba. The party is a member of Liberal International.
The Civic United Front was formed on 28 May 1992 through a merger of two formerly existing movements - KAMAHURU, a pressure group for democratization in Zanzibar, and the Civic Movement, a human rights organization based on the mainland.
Many CUF leaders were former stalwarts of the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM), some of whom had been expelled over disputes about party and government policy. The party received full recognition on 21 January 1993.
P.O. Box , Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Tel : (+255) 22 2
Mobile: (+255) 76
Fax: (+255) 22 2
- Ibrahim Lipumba, National Chairman
- Machano Khamis Ali, Vice Chairman
- Seif Shariff Hamad, Secretary General
- Magdalena Sakaya, Deputy Secretary General
- Nassor Mazrui, Deputy Secretary General (Zanzibar)