Our Work Democracy Promotion
The following main activities will guide our annual plans. Each year, we will specify the activities to be implemented towards our outcomes:
- Promoting political tolerance: In the short run through resolving tensions and conflicts within and between political parties and in the long run through promotion of democratic values and principles at all levels.
- Conducting research to understand and enhance the situation of democracy in Tanzania with particular attention on citizens’ views and experiences.
- Organizing dialogue events at the national and sub-national level involving different stakeholders.
- Building the capacity of partner political partners: gender and social inclusion; media engagement; conflict resolution; financial management and fund raising; leadership and diplomacy.
- Promoting and protecting supportive policy and legislative environment through legal analysis and literacy and advocacy.
- Engaging the public to promote democracy, constitutionalism and rule of law through dialogue events, partnering with CSOs and media engagement.
- Strengthening TCD’s institutional capacity.